You’ve heard about them, seen the videos, and are ready to compete! The FIRM’s Rally-X 2021 Series starts in just a few weeks! Are you ready? Will your car pass tech?
This year we have a 4-event points series! These are not your tame SCCA Rallycross™ events. You will send it over our GRC jump, dodge trees on the stage, and tear around corners on the racetrack. Be ready for just about anything, even Joker Laps.
Event 1 – Feb 27th, 8am – 5pm
Event 2 – May 15th
Event 3 – Aug 21st
Event 4 – Oct 23rd
Price: $200 two weeks or more before the event. $225 w/in 2 weeks. $250 w/in 1 week.
A series champion will be determined in each group at the end of event 4. A prize ceremony is tentatively scheduled after the completion of Event 4.
Events are run rain or shine. Dates are subject to change
RALLY-X FORMAT AND RULES
We are pulling out all the stops! We learned a lot last year, listened to everyone, and believe we have come up with one of the best rally event formats possible.
Rules subject to change at event. A driver’s meeting will be held before the 1st competition run. Please ensure you are present to be aware of any such changes.
- The race day will consist of 3 heats per group.
- Each heat will consist of 3 “laps” of the course.
- The course will include a “joker” element. Each competitor may take the joker element on any lap but must take the joker element once per race.
- The penalty for failure to take the joker is DNF lap time result.
- The winner is determined by the lowest total time after all penalties are applied.
- All digital timing using the MyLaps timing system.
- Each car will have a transponder mount and test-fitting before the start of the event. This will allow for super-fast transponder swaps in the pits after each heat.
- Real-time lap times available through the SpeedHive app.
- Knocked down cone or barrel 4 sec penalty
- Missed gate 10sec penalty
- Off course (as determined by control) DNF
DNF a “Did Not Finish” heat result will be recorded as the slowest time recorded (after modifiers) for the heat in that group +10 seconds.
- Points will be awarded based on official results of each event. At the end of the season final results will be calculated.
- Every event the following points will be awarded in each group:
1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th
12 10 8 6 4 3 2 1
- 1 additional point will be awarded for “Fastest time of the day” in each group for the fastest single run completed out of all timed runs after all penalties applied, regardless of course changes or alterations.
- There are 5 different car classifications, referred to as “Groups”.
- 4 wheel drive vehicles are grouped by engine displacement, with a 1.4 modifier applied to forced induction applications.
- Ex: a WRX with a 2.0L turbocharged engine’s adjusted displacement is 2.8L (2.0 X 1.4)
- Two-wheel drive vehicles are grouped by front-wheel drive or rear-wheel drive drivetrain.
Group A 4 Wheel Drive, 2.5L and under
Group B 4 Wheel Drive, over 2.5L
Group C Front Wheel Drive
Group D Rear Wheel Drive
Group E Side-by-side/UTV class
Vehicles should have their race number (assigned at registration) and Group letter displayed on each side of their vehicle. Numbers and letters should be at least 8” tall and a contrasting color to the body or background. Drivers are responsible for providing and installing numbers/letters prior to technical inspection.
Additional event decals may be required and if so will be provided at technical inspection.
If a registered competitor would like to protest the eligibility of a vehicle in their class they may enquire with the chief scrutineer. All decisions are at scrutineer’s discretion.
- No vehicle will be allowed on course without passing technical inspection. Tech form can be downloaded here
- Tech will open 30 mins after gates open and close 15 mins before the drivers meeting.
- Vehicles must pass all of the requirements of the technical inspections sheet.
- All participants must be on site 15 minutes before tech closes.
PERSONAL SAFETY AND ELIGIBILITY
Safety is paramount. While we strive to make our events accessible to as many people as possible, vehicles must meet minimum safety requirements.
- Helmets are required during competition for all vehicle occupants. Helmets must be SA rated 2015 or newer. Group E (side-by-side/utv) may use M2015 or newer rated helmets.
- Closed-toe shoes are required.
- One passenger is allowed as long as the appropriate waivers are signed.
- Drivers and Passengers must be at least 16 years old.
- Drivers must possess a valid license.
- Minors must have both parents present and appropriate waivers signed.
- Participants are allowed to “share” a car as long as each driver enters and pays their own entry fee. Drivers are responsible for changing out their numbers between heats. Only two drivers per car are permitted.
- A Driver may enter in an additional class with a second vehicle appropriate for that class and a separate entry fee.
- All drivers must be registered for the event on motorsport reg 24 hours before gate open the day of the event. NO REGISTRATION AVAILABLE AT THE GATE, NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Any loose items must be removed from the vehicle.
- Convertibles must have a hard top, T-top and Targa top vehicles must have their panels in place.
- Battery tie-downs required.
- All wheel studs must be in place with no missing lug nuts.
- Tires can not be showing any cord or deep rips/tears.
- Seat belts are required and must be worn during competition.
- Roll cages are strongly encouraged for all vehicles.
- UTVs must have side nets or similar devices to keep hands inside the vehicle.
- Modifications are subject to the approval of the scrutineers, keep it fun but keep it safe.
- If a car suffers major damage during the event it may be pulled from competition at any time by the scrutineers.
- If possible have tow hooks installed on front and rear of vehicle. We are not responsible for any damage incurred during removing your vehicle from the course or property.